We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
This quickly mixed batter is made from just flour, one egg, milk and a pinch of salt. Bake in a sizzling tin in a hot oven until tall, crisp and light.
1. Sift the flour and salt in to a mixing bowl. Add the egg and milk and whisk well until lump-free. Cover and leave to stand for about an hour.
2. When ready to cook heat the oven to220C/450F/Gas8 (or 210C/425F/Gas7 if the oven is already being used for a roast).
3. Put a little oil into the holes of the Yorkshire Pudding tin and heat in the oven until very hot, almost smoking.
4. Give the batter a stir then transfer to a jug; this makes it easier to pour into the moulds.
5. Carefully remove the tin from the oven and pour the batter into the hot oil in the moulds - it will sizzle.
6. Return to the oven and bake for about 35 minutes until a good golden brown, well-risen and with a crisp exterior. Serve at once.