We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
A long fermentation bread, made using natural occurring wild yeast.
|Water @ (FDT 20°C)||80%||960g|
|Water @ 25°C||60%||3000ml|
1. White levain/sourdough is produced by blending flour, water and starter. Cover and allow to rest at 20°C for 6-12 hours.
2. Mix final dough. In spiral mixer: 3 minutes on 1st speed and 4 minutes on 2nd speed. Desired dough temperature: 25°C- 27°C.
3. Bulk fermentation of 4 hours, with a gentle book folder after each hour.
4. Scale into 500g/900g loaves.
5. Rest dough pieces for 30 minutes.
6. Shape into rounds and place into proving baskets or shape long and put into cloths.
7. Final proof of 3-6 hours at 25°C (dough will crack on top and rise only 2/3 of original size).
8. Bake at 240°C for approximately 25 minutes. Pre-steam oven and give additional steam of 2-3 seconds. Reduce temperature to 220°C and bake for another 25 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack to set crust.