We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
A wholesome malted brown loaf packed with five seeds.
Preheat oven, 220°C fan/240°C/430°F/Gas Mark 8
1. Grease the bread tin(s).Place the flour, salt, yeast and fat into a large mixing bowl. Mix the fat through the flour and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
2. Add most of the water to the well, keeping a little in reserve, and mix to a soft dough. Add the remaining water if necessary.
3. Tip the dough onto a table and knead for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Rest in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. This will take approximately 45 minutes.
5. Split the dough into two pieces if desired. Mould the dough round and fold to the shape of the tin(s). Place the dough piece into the tin, seam down, cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Put in a warm place and allow to rise about 1cm above the tin. This will take 45-60 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake in a preheated oven, 220°C fan/240°C/430°F/Gas Mark 8. Bake small loaves for 20-25 minutes or a large loaf for 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove the loaf from the tin. Check it is baked by tapping the bottom of the loaf - it should sound hollow. Place on a wire rack to cool.
To make a seeded ‘tear and share’ loaf: after the 45 minute rest, divide the dough into 7 pieces. Mould into balls and arrange 6 dough pieces around one central piece on a baking tray. Cover and allow to prove for 35 – 40 minutes before baking.