These crunchy and colourful biscotti are studded with almonds, jewel-like pistachio and cranberries. Perfect for morning coffee or after dinner coffee.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/ 350F/Gas mark 4.
2) Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment paper.
3) Mix together Marriage's Golden Wholegrain plain flour, sugar, vanilla essence and baking powder.
4) Add the egg gradually ~ you may not need it all (a stiff dough is required).
5) Knead in the apricots, cranberries, pistachio nuts, almonds, lemon zest and chopped figs.
6) Divide the dough into 3. Using your hands roll into sausage shapes about 30 cm long and about 5 cm wide, then flatten slightly. Add a dusting of flour if the mixture is sticky.
7) Place on a baking tray, spaced well apart, then bake for 25 minutes or until pale golden.
8) Remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
9) Reduce the oven temperature to 150 C/Gas mark 3.
10) Using a serrated knife and cutting at an angle, cut each ‘sausage’ into very thin slices.
11) Lay the slices on a baking tray and cook for a further 10 minutes or until dry and firm.
12) Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Makes: 50 Biscotti
350g Marriage's Golden Wholegrain Plain flour
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 medium eggs
50g dried apricots – roughly chopped
50g dried cranberries
100g pistachio nuts – shelled weight
50g whole almonds – roughly chopped
75g dried figs – stalks removed and roughly chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lemon