We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Wholesome organic bread rolls - perfect for lunch boxes or a picnic
1. Line the baking tray(s) with greaseproof paper. Place the flour, salt, yeast and fat into a large mixing bowl. Mix the fat through the flour and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
2. Add most of the water to the well, keeping a little in reserve, and mix to a soft dough. Add the remaining water if necessary.
3. Tip the dough onto a table and knead for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Rest in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. This will take approximately 45 mintues.
5. Divide the dough into 60g pieces. Mould into 12 balls. Place on the tray(s) and cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Put in a warm place and allow to double in size. This will take 35-45 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake in a preheated oven, 220C fan, 240C, 430F, Gas 5. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Check these are baked by tapping the bottom of a roll - it should sound hollow. Place on a wire rack to cool.