We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Mince pies without a pastry top and piped with brandy buttercream. A very sweet treat, best served with a cup of tea!
1. Make the pastry by placing the flour and diced butter in a bowl and rubbing the butter in, so that the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Add the sugar and egg yolk, and mix together to form a soft but not sticky dough. If there are dry crumbs, add a teaspoon of water at a time until the dough holds together.
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas 4.
5. Roll out the chilled pastry on a floured work surface to about 4mm thick.
6. Cut rounds using a large round cutter, re-rolling the trimmings as necessary – you should be able to make 18-20
7. Line the tins with the large pastry rounds and fill with 1 ½ teaspoons of mincemeat.
8. Bake the open pies for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack.
10. To make your buttercream, beat your butter either by hand or using an electric mixer until soft.
11. Add your icing sugar and beat until fully combined.
12. Once the butter and sugar are combined add your brandy a little at a time. Ensure each addition is fully combined before you add more.
13. Use a piping bag and nozzle to pipe the buttercream onto the pies and decorate with sprinkles.
Tip - If you don’t fancy brandy buttercream you could top with marzipan and rolled icing or pipe with fondant icing which sets.
250g Marriage’s Finest Plain flour
175g unsalted butter, diced
65g caster or icing sugar
2 medium egg yolks
1 jar mincemeat (400g)
8cm plain or fluted round cutter and two mince pie trays
For the buttercream;
250g butter (soft at room temperature)
500g icing sugar
Piping bag and star nozzle