We have limited flours available on our online shop, restocked most days. If items say ‘out of stock’, they cannot be purchased and unfortunately we don’t have a waiting list. Orders are limited to 1 x 16kg sack or home baking flour multi pack variety, per person. Please don’t contact us until you’ve read our COVID19 Q&AS. We aim to dispatch in 7 working days and you'll receive tracking from DHL once dispatched. Thank you for your support and understanding.
An attractive sweet loaf made using Spelt flour for a nutty flavour.
Preheat oven at 180°C fan/200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
1. Mix the yeast with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 50ml lukewarm water and leave for 5 minutes until dissolved.
2. Mix together the remaining sugar, flour, salt and dates. Mix the butter with the mashed and dried bananas and stir in the yeast mixture. Stir into the flour with up to 50ml lukewarm water.
3. Mix together to form a dough.
4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 - 10 minutes until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Knock the dough back and divide into three pieces. Roll each out to a 35cm sausage and plait all three together. Place on a baking tray and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C fan/200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Once out of the oven, mix ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of honey and brush over the warm loaf.