Soft and chewy, these delicious oaty, raisin cookies are a tasty treat at any time of day. This quick and simple recipe is fun for children to make too.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Makes 12 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180oC/350°F/ Gas 4. Grease two baking trays.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of salt. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub in the flour to resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the oats and raisins and add the egg yolk. Mix to make a dough.
4. Divide into 12 balls. Place on the baking trays, spaced apart and press down to flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
6. Leave to cool a little before transferring to a cooling rack.